Last year, I was introduced to The Neighborhood. Offshore, and enjoyed my first Stand Up Paddleboard experience. It was so much fun, and also very relaxing and peaceful! Read more about our experience here!
The Neighborhood. Offshore is an adventure outfitter right here in Omaha! Love fun and adventure? They offer Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) rentals and lessons, SUP Yoga sessions, mountain bike rentals, with more adventures planned for the future! They also are the only authorized seller of Boga paddleboards in Nebraska!
Moms Love Groms – Mommy & Me Outdoor Program!
Bring along your little one to join in some outside playtime together! Join in The Neighborhood. Offshore new program, Moms Love Groms, age-specific 90-minute classes that include a movement game, activity, Mommy and Me Yoga or SUP 101 (session specific), + more!
- Monday evenings: 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Moms Love Groms Family Pass: $30/per mom/class
- If you have older groms that would like to participate but are too old for the structured classes, please send an email and they can be set up with a stand-up paddleboarding 101 session that is age appropriate!
- 6 classes to choose from May 18 – July 6 (with KWIN)
- Session 2: Class Calendar coming soon
Mark Your Calendars for these Special Events!
Sunday, June 7, 1 – 4 p.m., Lake Cunningham, Entrance #1
100% of proceeds donated to The Nebraska Humane Society!
Join The Neighborhood Offshore this year in the 1st Omaha Dog Day Afternoon! Over 25 activity stations will be in operation that engage your pups and/or kids including:
- DOGA (dog yoga) with Jen Collins
- Heats of lake tennis ball toss
- Pup SUP
- Bouldering wall from Approach Climbing Gym
- Seedling station “start your own herb garden” with Love Yo Pups
- Three-legged races with The Nebraska Humane Society
- Plus activities from B&B Equestrian Center, Omaha Bicycle Co., and more!
Admission: $7 family advance purchase (+1.38 fee), $10/family pass at the event.
Saturday, June 13, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
100% of proceeds from Rental Equipment that day will benefit Skateistan!
The mission of Skateistan is to use skateboarding as a tool for empowering youth in Afghanistan, Cambodia, and South Africa. Skateistan’s development aid programs work with growing numbers of marginalized youth through skateboarding, and provide them with new opportunities in cross-cultural interaction, education, and personal empowerment programs. They work with more than 1200 youth each week ages 5-18 (over 40% are girls).
Find out more about these events and all that The Neighborhood. Offshore offers!
Giveaway: Win A Stand Up Paddleboard Rental Session for 2 for 4 Hours with The Neighborhood. Offshore!
One Family Fun in Omaha reader will win a Stand Up Paddleboard Rental Session for 2 for 4 hours ($80 value)!
This giveaway has ended. Many thanks to all who entered! Congratulations to Sharyon!
GIVEAWAY ENDS: Sunday, May 10, 2015, 11:59 p.m., CST.
OTHER: Entrants must be 19 or older and located in the US only. The winner will be selected using random.org and notified via email. Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize, or another winner will be chosen. Only one entry (+ bonus entries) per person. Duplicate entries will be deleted.