The Holidays are filled with many family-friendly events! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
- 10 FREE Activities to Do Over the Holiday Break in Omaha – NEW!
- Family-Friendly New Year’s Events in Omaha – NEW!
- Amazing Christmas Light Displays in the Omaha Area – with interactive map!
- Where to Visit Santa in the Omaha Area
- Ice Skating in the Omaha Area – NEW!
- Shop Local with our Omaha Holiday Gift Guide – Plus enjoy special discounts just for FFIO Readers!
- 80+ Family-Friendly Things to Do in Omaha this Winter (Many Free!)
Top Picks this Weekend:
**Be sure to visit Family-Friendly Holiday Events to see all of the Ongoing Events!
Kids’ Club with Mrs. Claus at Hy-Vee 180th & Pacific – 12/19, 5-7 p.m.
- Join us for Kids’ Club with Mrs. Claus and the Gingerbread Kids. Mrs. Claus will help us decorate yummy cookies! Don’t forget your camera for some fun pictures.
La Vista Holiday Wintertainment – 12/1 – 12/23
- Afternoon Holiday Movie, December 20, 2 p.m., Library
- Hot Wheels Holiday Drag Races, December 23, 3 p.m., Community Center
Lights of Aksarben – Fridays, 11/29 – 12/20, 7 – 9 p.m.
- Join us in Stinson Park for the LIGHTS OF AKSARBEN. We will have different events every Friday night in the park up until Dec. 20.
FREE showing of ELF (with donation) at Marcus Theater Twin Creek – 12/21, 9 a.m.
- FREE showing of ELF (with donation) to benefit our friends at the Open Door Mission. Fun for all ages and your donations benefit people in our community.
- Lighted holiday hayrack rides, winter & holiday crafts, games, activities, special entertainment, and more. The seasonal celebration features the Yule Log Quest. Arts and Crafts will be offered from 10-4 p.m. Yule log quest will start at 4 p.m. Bonfire and hayrack rides will start at 5:30 p.m. Park entry permit required.
Movie with Santa At Village Pointe Cinema – 12/21, 9 a.m., $3
- Santa & friends will host a special interactive presentation with a special gathering after the movie for photos with Santa and the holiday characters. Admission is $3 per person (cash only) with proceeds going to the Hometown Holidays Gifts for Kids program benefiting children from Nebraska Children’s Home.
Breakfast with Santa at Maple Street YMCA – 12/21, 10 – 11:30 a.m., $5/$8
- Member: $5/family, Non member: $8/family
FREE Ice Skating at Ralston Arena – 12/21 – 1/5
- Check here for public skating dates/times or call 402-934-9966. Skate rentals $3.00 (cash only) or public can bring their own.
Complimentary Carriage Rides at Shadow Lake Towne Center – Every Saturday 11/30 – 12/21, 12 – 4 p.m.
- Complimentary horse-drawn carriage rides are available every Saturday from 12 – 4 p.m., Nov. 30-Dec. 21. Carriage rides board between Chico’s and Coldwater Creek. Weather permitting.
Complimentary Carriage Rides at Village Pointe – Every Saturday 11/30 – 12/21, 1 – 5 p.m.
- Enjoy Free Carriage Rides from 1-5 p.m. on Saturdays, November 30 – December 21. Weather permitting.
Holiday Kids Funfare at Regency Court – 12/7, 12/14, 12/21, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Enjoy fun Holiday activities each week.
See The Polar Express at Marcus Theaters – 12/22 – 12/24
- Sunday (12/22) – 10 a.m., Monday (12/23) – 10 a.m., Tuesday (12/24) – 10:00 a.m.
- Twin Creek $2, Village Pointe $3
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – 12/22, 4:15 – 6:30 p.m., $10
- Cost: $10.00 for family of 4, $3.00 for additional person. Includes: Admission, skate rentals, and drink.
We do our best to ensure the information in Family Fun in Omaha is correct, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!