Happy Thanksgiving! The Holiday weekend is filled with many family-friendly events! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
- Amazing Christmas Light Displays in the Omaha Area
- Save 30% on select shows (including Broadway!) with Omaha Performing Arts Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale!
- Shop Local with our Omaha Holiday Gift Guide – Plus enjoy special discounts just for FFIO Readers!
- 80+ Family-Friendly Things to Do in Omaha this Winter (Many Free!)
Enter to Win:
Top Picks this Weekend:
Tree Lighting and Santa’s Arrival at Shadow Lake Towne Center – 11/27, 6 p.m.
- Concert, parade, Santa’s arrival, tree lighting, photos with characters, and fireworks. Fun for the whole family!
- Check with your Y location for hours and details!
Holiday Lights Festival – 11/28 – 1/5
- CenturyLink Thanksgiving Lighting Ceremony (Thursday, November 28, 6-7 p.m.)
- Making Spirits Bright Holiday Concert (Thursday, November 28, 7 p.m.)
Christmas at Union Station – 11/29 – 1/5
- The Durham Museum invites you to join in the festivities during Christmas at Union Station.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony – Friday, Nov. 29, 4-7 p.m.
Holiday Lighting Ceremony at Village Pointe – 11/29, 6 p.m.
- Family Holiday Sing-A-Long – 6 p.m., Santa Parade and Tree Lighting – 7 p.m.
- Concert, complimentary hot cider and cookies, parade, Santa’s arrival, tree lighting, visits with Santa, and complimentary carriage rides. Fun for the whole family!
Lights of Aksarben – Fridays, 11/29 – 12/20, 7 – 9 p.m.
- Join us in Stinson Park for the LIGHTS OF AKSARBEN. We will have different events every Friday night in the park up until Dec. 20.
Zamboni Holiday Skate – 11/29-11/30
- Take your picture with the Zamboni! Santa will also be here. Enjoy some skating and fun! Cost: $3.00 per person, includes admission, skate rental, and a wonderful picture opportunity.
- Friday, November 29, 2013 (5 – 7 p.m.), Saturday, November 30, 2013 (12:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
WorldFest 2013 Holiday Celebration – 11/30, 12 – 4 p.m., FREE
- At WorldFest 2013, enjoy Christmas, Culture & Customs From Around The World, Live entertainment, Vendors providing food/activities/educational opportunities, Hay Rack Rides, and the Medieval and Renaissance Society where you can learn about rope making, leather work, weaving, woodworking, metal work, jewelry making and more! Plus, Santa Claus will visit with all of the children. Each child receives a complimentary photo with Santa Claus and a treat.
Complimentary Carriage Rides at Shadow Lake Towne Center – Every Saturday 11/30 – 12/21, 12 – 4 p.m.
- Complimentary horse-drawn carriage rides are available every Saturday from 12 – 4 p.m., Nov. 30-Dec. 21. Carriage rides board between Chico’s and Coldwater Creek. Weather permitting.
Complimentary Carriage Rides at Village Pointe – Every Saturday 11/30 – 12/21, 1 – 5 p.m.
- Enjoy Free Carriage Rides from 1-5 p.m. on Saturdays, November 30 – December 21. Weather permitting.
Family Days at Mulhall’s – 11/30 – 12/1, 12 – 3 p.m., FREE
- Enjoy cookies and cocoa, take your photo with Santa, visit two of his reindeer, and participate in children’s activities.
Winter Wonderland in Downtown Papillion – 11/30, 5 – 9 p.m., FREE
- Bring the family and enjoy a variety of free activities: carriage rides, bonfire, Santa, popcorn, hot chocolate, photos with live reindeer and so much more!
Holiday Magic in Downtown Ralston – 12/1, 3 – 6 p.m.
- Enjoy Children’s Activities, Santa’s arrival on a firetruck, Tree Lighting Ceremony, plus more!
Santa’s Sleigh Ride in La Vista – 12/1, 4:30 – 7:15 p.m., FREE
- Santa will begin his route around La Vista at 5 p.m., leaving from the City Hall parking lot. He will be west of 84th Street from 4:30 to 6 p.m. and east of 84th Street from 6:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. Santa’s entourage will follow a pre-planned route, which can be found on the map here.
Christmas at Boys Town – 12/1 – 1/11
- Christmas Stamps (November 1 – December 31)
- Historic Creche Displays (December 1 – January 11, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Gift of the Magi (December 1, 7 p.m.)
- Christmas Tree Lighting (December 1, 7:45 p.m.)
Be sure to visit the Omaha Kids Calendar for additional details on these and ALL of the fun activities coming up!
We do our best to ensure the information in Family Fun in Omaha is correct, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!