Enjoy exciting family-friendly events this February in Omaha!
(Pictured: Candy Land Night at the Omaha Children’s Museum and Hitchcock Nature Center where Bird Banding Demonstration event is being held.)
Join our growing community and keep updated on Family-Friendly EVENTS EACH WEEKEND plus more Omaha Fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
FREE Omaha Fun
- Looking for FREE Fun this February? See Many FREE February Events in Omaha here!
Exciting February Events in Omaha
Dinosaur UpROAR at Lauritzen Gardens – January 17 – May 12
- Experience Dinosaur UpROAR, full of life-sized dinosaurs, fossil displays, a scavenger hunt, and interactive family activities!
- Enjoy many family-friendly Valentine’s Day-themed events and activities in Omaha!
- Enjoy Family Dances and special events for Valentine’s Day in Omaha! Some require advance registration and may fill up.
Bird Banding Demonstration at Hitchcock Nature Center – Feb. 9 (9 – 11 a.m.), Free with Paid Park Admission $3/vehicle/daily
- Come get a “bird’s eye” view of fine-feathered friends as you join volunteers for a live songbird banding at Hitchcock Nature Center. All ages are welcome to attend this live demonstration.
- Volunteers will be banding songbirds at the Loess Hills Lodge at Hitchcock Nature Center from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. on the following dates:
- Saturday, February 9th
- Saturday, March 9th
- Saturday, April 6th
Omaha Symphony Family Series: Aladdin, Cinderella & More Magical Tales – Sunday, Feb. 10 (2 p.m. Lobby activities start at 1:15 p.m.)
- Celebrate magical music that tells timeless tales, including songs from Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and selections from Prokofiev’s Cinderella.
- Location: Holland Performing Arts Center, 1200 Douglas St., Omaha, NE.
Nebraska Robotics Expo at the Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum – Saturday, Feb. 16 (8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
- The expo is a collaboration of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Nebraska at Omaha and includes CEENBoT Showcase, First LEGO League, and a Creative Visual Arts Expo featuring robotic-themed art made by students.
- The event is included with museum admission.
- Location: 28210 W. Park Hwy., Ashland, NE.
WeBop Family Jazz Party at the Omaha Children’s Museum – Saturday, Feb. 16 (11 – 11:45 a.m. or 2 – 2:45 p.m.)
- Join in a WeBop® Family Jazz Party with Omaha Performing Arts! These interactive sessions explore jazz music through song, dance and play. They’re also the perfect way to see what Omaha Performing Arts’ WeBop® classes are all about. Open to children 8 months to 8 years of age and their parents, grandparents or guardians.
- The party is free to attend, but does not include admission into the museum. Tickets are required and can be found here.
Candy Land Night at Omaha Children’s Museum – Friday, Feb. 22 (4 – 8 p.m.)
- In this completely sweet night of fun, children can travel through a life-size Candy Land game, finding the sweetest activities and treats throughout the first floor of the museum.
- Candy Land Night is included with regular museum admission or membership. All children must be accompanied by an adult, and adults need to pay admission.
Upcoming Events – Register Now
- Have you tried Maple Tree Tapping? Discover the process and enjoy a sweet taste at these fun upcoming events near Omaha! We went last year and loved the experience especially learning where maple syrup comes from and tasting the sap.
- Advanced reservations required. Sign up early as many of these events fill up quickly.