Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week: Summer Fun Guide + Discounts
Top Picks this Weekend:
Council Bluffs Rib Fest – August 11 – 13
- Friday & Saturday: FREE Admission (11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.); $5 Admission (5 – 11:00 p.m.).
- Sunday: FREE Admission (11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Friday at 7: THE RUMBLES and The 70’s Show
- Saturday at 7: SMASH MOUTH!
- Sunday at 12:30: Blue House
- Kids Activities include free pony rides, a bounce house obstacle course, face painting, and balloon animals!
- Bags (corn hole) tournament for $20/team on Saturday at 12 p.m.
- Location: Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park (East side of the Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge)
Tots on the Towne at Shadow Lake Towne Center – Thursday, August 10 (10:30 – 11:30 a.m.), FREE
- Open Play and Summer Games at Shadow Lake’s Sprayground.
Cass County Fair – August 8 – 12
- Animals, Carnival, Wildlife Encounters, Parade, and many other events.
- Special events include magicians, science shows, Out and About Storytimes, and more! Some highlights this weekend:
- Solar Powered S’mores (Teens) – Thursday, August 10, (4 – 5:00 p.m.), Washington Branch
- Teen Movie Night – Thursday, August 10, (6 – 8:30 p.m.), Milton R. Abrahams Branch
- Healthy Cooking Demo – Saturday, August 12, (1 – 3:00 p.m.), South Omaha Library
- Board Game Party – Saturday, August 12, (1 – 3:00 p.m.), A.V. Sorensen Branch
OneWorld Back to School Bash – Friday, August 11, (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.), FREE
- Provides area families with access to free health screenings for children, information on community resources, school supplies, snacks, and children’s activities.
- Location: OneWorld’s Livestock Exchange Building, 4920 S. 30th Street, Omaha, NE 68107.
End of Summer Celebration – Saturday, August 12 (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.), FREE
- Appearances by the Omaha Storm Chasers, activities for the kids, music, free Kona Ice and a chance to win Kansas City Royals tickets.
- Location: First National Bank of Omaha, 168th and Giles branch.
Family Education Program at Heron Haven – Saturday, August 12 (10 – 11:30 a.m.), FREE
- August 12th – Green and growing in nature. Painting materials will be in the butterfly garden; come create your own Renoir.
Hitchcock Nature Center: Night Sky Event – August 12 (8:30 p.m. – Midnight), FREE with Park Permit
- Take in the beauty of the annual Perseid Meteor Shower. Meet at the park entrance at 8:30 p.m. & bring your lawn chairs, blankets, binoculars & telescopes. There is no fee for this event, free will donations are accepted. Daily ($2) or Annual Pottawattamie County Park annual permit required.
Nebraska Hot Air Balloon and Wine Festival – August 11 – 12
- TIP: You can park near the Coventry Campus and watch the hot air balloons rise during the evening, and then glow at night!
Doggie Dip at Gallagher Pool – Sunday, August 13, (5:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
- $5 per dog (admits two humans as well) any additional person costs $1. Proceeds benefit the Nebraska Humane Society.
Movie Nights at Camp Fontanelle – Fridays, May 19 – October 27, 2017 (every 2 weeks); Free Will Donation
- No movies will be shown if the weather is rainy. Due to copyright issues, titles may not be shared publicly but can be received by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 11 – 8:35 p.m.
Starlight Movie Series at Sumtur Amphitheater – May 26 – August 11; FREE
- Enjoy free family movies under the stars. All movies are scheduled around ticketed events and dates may change.
- August 11, 2017 – 8:45 p.m.: Finding Dory
La Vista Concerts & Movies – Fridays, June 9, July 7, & August 11, 2017; 7 p.m.; FREE
- Held at the La Vista Public Library, 9110 Giles Rd.
- Friday, August 11: Blue House followed by Sing (PG), 7 p.m.
Flix at the Chef – Saturdays, June 10, July 8, August 12, & September 9, 2017; FREE
- Free Outdoor Movies behind the Dairy Chef in Elkhorn (611 Gateway Rd., Elkhorn, NE).
- Movies start at dusk. Bring blankets or chairs to sit on. Free popcorn provided.
- You may bring your own food and beverages. Alcohol, tents, tarps, stakes, and open flames are not allowed. Food, drinks, and ice cream also for sale at Dairy Chef.
- Saturday, August 12: Trolls
Summer Kids Camp at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema – June through August, 2017; $1-$5
- All summer long enjoy classic and family favorites for just $1, $3, or $5 — your choice! All proceeds benefit local non-profits (in Omaha, this includes The Hope Center, Omaha Children’s Museum, and Project Harmony Child Advocacy Center.)
- Kids Camp shows take place every day (with some exceptions) in matinee time-slots
- August: Song of the Sea, Speed Racer, Jumanji, The Secret Life of Pets
Kid’s Dream Summer Film Series at Marcus Theaters – June 11 – August 16, 2017 (Sundays, Mondays & Wednesdays at 10 a.m.); Admission: $3
- In Omaha, participating theaters include Majestic (144th & Maple), Village Pointe and Twin Creek in Bellevue.
- Get FREE Tickets to the Kids Dream Summer Film Series courtesy of American Family Insurance here! (Download and print your 2 free tickets.)
- August 13-14, 16: Smurfs: The Lost Village
Who is ready for some Water Fun this Summer?
- Many Spraygrounds are open through Labor Day!
- City of Omaha Pools close August 6th or 13th.
Find More SUMMER Fun in Omaha
Find these and more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!