Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Sponsor of the Week:
Special thanks to Sip & Shop for sponsoring this weekend’s Top Picks!
- Come and enjoy wine country on a Saturday afternoon in May! Sip a little wine, do some shopping with 50+ Vendors and Crafters, and then kick back and listen to some live music. Kids are welcome. Find out more including a list of vendors here!
Popular this Week: FREE Summer Fun Guide
- Discover many FREE Summer Activities in Omaha including movies, concerts, fishing events, and more!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
- All Omaha Public Library (OPL) branches will begin checking tickets out to patrons on Saturday, May 20. Each of OPL’s 12 locations has 240 passes available for check-out while supplies last. Adults ages 18+ who are Douglas County residents or have a non-resident paid membership to OPL are eligible to check out the tickets. Due to the great demand and limited supply, tickets cannot be held or reserved. Tickets are good for one-time use and expire on December 31, 2017. Only one ticket per library card and customer can be issued, admitting up to two adults and six children. An OPL library card must be presented to the zoo at the time of redemption.
Movie Nights at Camp Fontanelle – Fridays, May 19 – October 27, 2017 (every 2 weeks); Free Will Donation
- Bring a lawn chair and/or blanket, bug spray, and campfire fare and enjoy an outdoor movie. No movies will be shown if the weather is rainy.
- May 19 – 9:10 p.m. (approx.)
FREE Fishing and Park Entry Day – May 20
- Free Fishing and Park Entry Day means anyone can explore outdoor opportunities at any Nebraska state park, state recreation area or state historical park. Anglers must observe all fishing regulations. Camping, lodging and all other user fees still apply at state park areas.
- All active and retired military, and first responders (police, fire, and paramedics) and their immediate families can visit the Omaha Kroc Center for Free this weekend. Please present an official or qualifying I.D./verification (past or present) and enjoy the Kroc Center for free as a thank you.
Armed Forces Day at SAC Aerospace Museum – May 20 (11:45 a.m.), FREE with Registration by 5/18
- The SAC Aerospace Museum is celebrating Armed Forces Day, May 20, 2017, with free admission to anyone registering and attending the 11:45 a.m. presentation which includes an award winning author as the keynote speaker and a Hall of Fame ceremony.
- REGISTER HERE: The Program begins at 11:45 a.m., with advanced reservation required for the free admission and seating for the Armed Forces Day program. Guests must register by Thursday, May 18 on the museum’s website at http://sacmuseum.org/hall-of-fame-2017-rsvp/.
Model Train Display at Shadow Lake Towne Center – May 20 (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) & May 21 (12 – 4 p.m.), FREE
- See amazing model trains! Location: Across from Carhartt, a few doors down from Tropical Smoothie.
Intro App Development at The Brain Exchange – Grades 9-12 – May 20 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), FREE, Registration Required
- This four-hour, FREE class is geared towards introducing students, grades 9 – 12, the introductory skills needed to develop an iOS app of their own. Location: Brain Exchange located at 1902 Howard Street. Registration required.
Celebrate CB – May 20
- May 20 (10:30 a.m.): Parade, followed by music, kids activities, and carnival in Bayliss Park.
Valley Days – May 20 – 21, 2017
- Parade, pedal tractor pull, a petting zoo, pony rides, face painting, a bounce house, fireworks, craft/vendor show, and car show.
- Many are open including Benson Farmers Market, Council Bluffs Farmers Market, Omaha Farmers Market in Aksarben Village and in the Old Market, and Village Pointe Farmers Market. Visit here to see dates and times.
- Visit Fun-Plex on any Saturday or Sunday from May 6 – May 21 from Noon to 6 p.m. Purchase a wristband for 2 hours of unlimited Go Karts and Mini Golf, and get a FREE ticket for use on Memorial Day Weekend! Find out more here!
Find More SUMMER Fun in Omaha
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!