Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week:
- The 2017 Summer Camp Guide is here! Choose from a variety of camps divided into The Arts, Academic Camps, Outdoor Fun, Specialty Camps, and Sports Camps!
Featured Camp of the Week: YMCA Summer Camps
- YMCA of Greater Omaha Summer Camps offer something for everyone! With day camp, specialty camps, half day and YMCA Camp Platte, our campers build skills & confidence, get to know one another & make friends, and feel like they belong.
- We have camps for children ages pre-kindergarten through teen (varying depending on camp.) Financial assistance available.
- It’s Fish Fry Season! Find your favorite or try out a new one with our interactive map!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
LONGINES FEI World Cup™ Jumping & FEI World Cup™ Dressage Finals – March 29 – April 2
- More information including tickets and schedule for events can be found here.
- Triple Crown Horse Discovery Zone – Free throughout the entire event, the Triple Crown Horse Discovery Zone features fun, interactive, and educational displays.
Kids Dream Winter Film Series – March 3 – April 9
- Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 10 a.m. Participating Omaha Locations include: Majestic Cinema (144th & Maple), Twin Creek in Bellevue, and Village Pointe. Please arrive early as seating is limited to theater capacity.
- March 31 – April 2: Kubo and the Two Strings
- You can also get FREE Admission by printing off tickets from American Family Insurance!
Teddy Bear Weekend at the Omaha Zoo – April 1 – 2 (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.) (Emergency room closes at 1 p.m.)
- Children, ages 3-11, who bring in their favorite stuffed animal will receive FREE admission to the Zoo with a paid adult during Teddy Bear Weekend April 1-2!
- Bring your favorite stuffed animal for repair and care. Included with regular admission or membership.
Kids Workshops at Home Depot: April 1 (9 a.m. – 12 p.m.) Registration encouraged. FREE
- Build A Bunny Basket. Once the basket is built, your child can decorate it with paint and stickers. While supplies last.
AIM Brain Exchange Classes – Registration Required, FREE
- Introduction To Web Development: Grades 5-8 – April 1 (10 – 11:00 a.m.) Location: AIM Brain Exchange, 1902 Howard St, Omaha, NE 68102.
Gifford Farm at Fat Brain Toys – April 1 (10:30 a.m.), FREE
- Visit with some cute animals, enjoy baby farm animal themed snacks, and a craft!
Wildlife Safari Park Opens for the Season – Saturday, April 1
- Celebrate a new season of adventure as Wildlife Safari Park re-opens for the 2017 season.
Get Tickets for Kari Byron at Nebraska Science Fest – April 1, FREE
- Kari Byron, best known as a host on Discovery Channel’s Mythbusters and The White Rabbit Project on Netflix, will headline the 2017 Nebraska Science Festival. – April 21 (7:30 p.m.)
- FREE Tickets available beginning April 1st. General admission tickets will be released online Saturday (April 1) on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets will be available only online at Eventbrite (www.EventBrite.com). Users will need to create a login and password, and then search for “Kari Byron NE SciFest Keynote Presentation.” Once there, you may reserve up to four free tickets.
Kids Club: Sprout Easter Canvas at Michaels – April 1 (10 a.m. – 12 p.m.) $2/child, supplies included.
- For kids 3 and up. Sign up in store or online, or just drop in.
Where Books and Art Meet at South Omaha Library – Saturdays (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.), FREE
- Each workshop will be taught by professional artists and teachers and will feature a story time and an accompanying arts activity. Partnered with Arts For All. For children ages 8 – 12.
Nature Connects: Art With LEGO® Bricks at Lauritzen Gardens – Jan. 14 – May 15 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- 450,000+ LEGO® bricks, 13 incredible displays, and “Play and Let it Stay” station. Included with regular admission.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – April 2, 9, 23 & 30 (4:00 – 6:00 p.m.)
- $10 for family of 4 ($3 for additional person). Price includes: admission, skate rentals and orange drink or lemonade.
Coming Up Soon
- 30+ Easter Egg Hunts, Activities, Photos with the Easter Bunny, Pet Photos, and more!
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!