Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
- Valentine’s Day Party at La Vista Library – 9110 Giles Road, (2/11, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., FREE)
- Let Your Love Grow: A Valentine’s Day Event with City Sprouts – 4002 Seward St. (2/11, 1 – 3 p.m., FREE)
- Sweetheart Swim at Mockingbird Hills Community Center – (2/12, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., $2/person)
- Valentine’s Day at the Omaha Children’s Museum – (2/14, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., regular admission applies.)
- Valentine’s Craft and Cookie Decorating at Florence Community Center – 2920 Bondesson St. (2/14, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., register online or at the front desk by February 11th.)
- Find many more Valentine’s Events here!
Disney Enchanted Tales at Marcus Theaters – Feb 3 – 26, $5
- Come see these timeless classics for $5. Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays – showtimes vary by location. In the Omaha area, this includes Twin Creek and Village Pointe.
- Dumbo – February 10 – 12
Free Family Flicks at Aksarben Cinema – Feb 11 & 12 (Doors open at 10 a.m. Shows start at 10:30 a.m.), FREE
- Attendees are encouraged to bring one book per attendee (new or gently used) as part of the 2017 book collection drive for a local charity! Arrive early – Seating is offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Feb. 11 and 12 – “Ice Age: Collision Course”
Family Education Program at Heron Haven – Feb. 11 (10 – 11:30 a.m.), FREE
- Come for hot cocoa and this family workshop and hike. The first 8 families will receive a Free copy of The Nature Connection, a Teacher’s Choice Award winning book by Clare Walker Leslie.
KickstART Saturday at Joslyn Art Museum – Feb. 11 (10 a.m. – 12 p.m.), FREE
- Zen Tales: The Art of Jon J Muth. These free events will entertain and engage families with hands-on activities, performances, and demonstrations that complement Joslyn’s exhibitions.
AIM codeCraft – Feb. 11 (1 p.m.), FREE. Registration Required.
- codeCraft offers youth the opportunity to experience a variety of technologies. No previous experience is needed and all sessions are self-contained, so attendance is welcomed to one or all sessions. Classes are held at the new AIM Brain Exchange located at 1902 Howard St.
- Your child can learn all about LEGO® Mindstorms EV#3 with Blocks and Bricks Learning Center, and help raise money for HETRA, a therapeutic riding center serving adults and children with disabilities. Register for a 30 minute session. Cost: $10/participant, with all proceeds going to HETRA.
Nature Connects: Art With LEGO® Bricks at Lauritzen Gardens – Jan. 14 – May 15 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- 450,000+ LEGO® bricks, 13 incredible displays, and “Play and Let it Stay” station. Included with regular admission.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – Sundays, February 12, 19 & 26 (4 – 6:30 p.m.)
- $10 for family of 4 ($3 for additional person). Price includes: admission, skate rentals and orange drink or lemonade.
More Valentine’s Fun
- Valentine’s Day Family Volunteer Activity: Help make and/or deliver Valentine’s Day cards for the people living in nursing homes with Community 360!
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!