Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Special thanks to Nobbies for sponsoring this Weekend’s Top Picks! Be sure to attend their FREE Star Wars Holiday House Party this Saturday at Nobbies, 120th & Center!
Enter to Win:
Enter to WIN a variety of wonderful prizes in our Omaha Holiday Gift Guide! – Ends Dec. 15th!
- Two Passes to Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum
- 2 Single Day Tickets to Fun-Plex
- Adventure Santa Kit
- Family day pass for 4 to Omaha Children’s Museum
- $25 Nobbies Gift Card
- $20 to spend at GO! Kids’ Gym
Popular this Week:
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
Tots on the Towne: Reading with Mrs. Claus at Shadow Lake Towne Center – Dec. 8, (10:30 a.m.), FREE (RSVP Required)
- Mrs. Claus will be reading a special Christmas Story to all of the boys and girls inside of Hallmark in Shadow Lake. Call ahead at (402) 537-0046 to reserve your child’s spot.
Mrs. Claus Storytime at Regency Court – Dec. 1 & 8 (10:30 a.m.)
- Join Mrs. Claus for storytime in front of Pottery Barn Kids.
Cookies with the Clauses at Southwest YMCA – Dec. 9 (6:30 – 8 p.m.) FREE, Registration Required
- Santa will be visiting the Southwest YMCA. They will have cookies, the bounce house, a holiday craft, games, and Storytime with Santa and Mrs. Claus. Free to the community.
- Please register by 12:00 p.m. on December 8th.
- Coding with Bricklayer – Dec. 8 (4:30 – 6 p.m.) and/or Dec. 11 (1 to 2:30 p.m.)
- Come for an afternoon and learn to code with Bricklayer, a non-profit organization framework created by UNO computer science experts right here in Nebraska that has been used to teach coding to K-12 students as well as college freshmen.
- Hour of Code – Dec. 10 (1 to 2:30 p.m.)
- Whether you’re a novice or expert, bring a laptop, tablet or other preferred mobile device to Do Space and join others from around the Omaha metro area for Hour of Code, a global movement reaching tens of millions of students in 180+ countries.
Holiday Lights Spectacular at Midtown Crossing – Nov. 26 – Jan. 1, Nightly Thursday – Sunday at 7 p.m., FREE
- A choreographed blend of light and holiday music projected onto Midtown Crossing’s condominium buildings, the Holiday Lights Spectacular will run approx. 20-minutes every Thursday thru Sunday night. – Saturday, Nov. 26, thru Sunday Jan. 1, 2016 – starting at 7 p.m.
Gingerbread House Display at the Mormon Trail Center and Kanesville Tabernacle – Nov. 19 – Dec. 31 (10 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
- One of our favorite Christmas traditions is seeing the intricately designed Gingerbread Houses. They also have a fun Scavenger Hunt at each location with a picture option for the younger children.
- The center closes at 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. The center will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Location: 3215 State Street, Omaha, and 222 East Broadway, Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Pick your favorite Christmas Tree! Open the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday after Thanksgiving, and every Weekend after from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Prancer at The Rose Theater – Nov. 25 – Dec. 18
- The world premiere of this stage adaptation features a heartwarming story and breathtaking puppetry that will bring light to the holiday season. Performances on Fridays at 7 p.m., Saturdays at 2 p.m., and Sundays at 2 p.m.
Lights of Aksarben – Fridays, Dec. 2, 9, 16 (6 – 8 p.m.)
- Heated tent, free horse and carriage rides, live music, and more.
Boys Town Christmas Family Festival – Saturday, Dec. 10 (1 – 5 p.m.), FREE
- There are many wonderful FREE activities for you and your family to enjoy.
See more FREE December Events including Carriage Rides and more!
Omaha Public Library Holiday Events – Dec. 1 – 31, FREE
- Enjoy many special Holiday Events including Santa visits, special storytimes, crafts, and more at Omaha Public Libraries. Some events may require registration.
- Highlights on Saturday, Dec. 10 include:
- 10:30 a.m.: Santa visits Millard Branch
- 1 p.m.: Santa visits Charles B. Washington Branch
- 2 p.m.: Ornament making for teens at A.V. Sorensen Branch (Registration req’d)
- 3 p.m.: Afternoon with Santa at Florence Branch
- 3 p.m.: Holiday Princess Tea Party at Milton R. Abrahams Branch
Holiday Happenings at the Omaha Zoo – Dec. 3, 10, 17 (10:30 a.m.)
- Catch a glimpse of special holiday characters as they dive into the shark tunnel inside the Suzanne and Walter Scott Aquarium on Saturdays, December 3, 10 and 17, 2016, (10:30 a.m.) Included with Zoo Admission.
Lauritzen Gardens Holiday Happening – Dec. 10 – 11 (12 – 4 p.m.)
- Fill yourself with holiday cheer with family activities at the garden. Walk through the beautiful poinsettia show in the floral display hall, listen to live holiday music and enjoy holiday food in front of the crackling fireplace in the café. Santa Claus will be available for pictures, and children can make creative holiday crafts for an additional fee of $3 per child.
- Regular garden admission rates apply.
See many more Holiday Events this Weekend here!
Star Wars Holiday House Party – Dec. 10 (1 – 3 p.m.), FREE
- Win prizes, meet Darth Vader, and more. Location: Nobbies, 120th & Center
Where Books and Art Meet with Arts for All (Registration Required) – Dec. 10 (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.), FREE
- Explore your creative side every week with art projects based on books and illustrations. Classes are taught by professional artists and art teachers in partnership with Arts For All. For children ages 8-12. Location: South Omaha Library.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – Sundays, Dec. 4, 11, 18 (4:00 – 6:15 p.m.)
- $10 for family of 4. $3 for additional person. Price includes: admission, skate rentals and orange drink or lemonade.
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!