Walmart is a popular store to shop because of their rollback prices and coupon friendly atmosphere. It is also one of the easiest stores to price match.
Check out their official coupon policy here.
- Internet and manufacturer coupons must have “Manufacturer Coupon” printed on them, a valid remit address for the manufacturer, a valid expiration date, a scannable bar code, and may not be duplicated.
- Internet coupons are acceptable in black and white or color.
- They will not accept print-at-home Internet coupons that require no purchase.
- If coupon value exceeds the price of the item, the excess may be given to the customer as cash or applied toward the basket purchase.
Using Competitor Coupons
Walmart will accept current competitor coupons for a specific item for a specified price (including Buy One Get One Free coupons with a specified price). Walmart only accepts one coupon per item, and so you cannot stack a competitor’s store coupon with a manufacturer coupon – only use one or the other.
Walmart will accept Catalinas (or Checkout Coupons) from other stores as long as they have “Manufacturer’s Coupon” on them and are for dollars/cents off a specified item. They will not accept drugstore rewards or Catalinas that are for a dollar or percentage amount off of the total shopping trip.
Check out their official Price Matching Policy here.
My two favorite things about price matching at Walmart – you can do it right at the register when you are checking out, and you do not even have to have the ad with you! (I will add, though, that sometimes I do bring in the ads just in case they do not believe me – that only happened once, but it was because it was a particularly good deal.)
Please keep in mind:
- Let the cashier know that you will be price matching before they ring up an item since the price will need to be entered manually. Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.).
- Walmart will price match from a competitor ad when there is a specific item and price listed, including fresh produce and meat (when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)). They will also price match a BOGO only if there is a specific price.
- They will NOT price match items with no actual price listed, going out of business or closeout prices, percentage off, or Internet pricing.