Enjoy a variety of FREE Summer Concerts in the Omaha Area, perfect for relaxing on a warm summer evening!
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
As schedules may change, it is always a good idea to verify with the location before visiting.
Horses of Honor® Omaha Tribute Concert at Midtown Crossing – May 21, 2016; Park Opens at 5 p.m., Concert Begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Celebrate the Horses of Honor® Omaha public art exhibition, benefiting the Omaha Police Foundation and commemorating our fallen Omaha Police Department Heroes. The project mirrors the Horses of Honor® inaugural program held in Chicago and includes life-size horse statues that are artistically and individually designed by Omaha area artists.
Loessfest in Council Bluffs – May 28 – June 5, 2016
- Concerts including Kool and the Gang, Omaha Symphony and fireworks, plus a Riverfront Block Party featuring Imagination Movers, free outdoor movie, Bike the Bluffs, Taste of Omaha, and more.
Bank of the West Celebrates America – Friday, July 1, 2016; 6 – 10 p.m., Memorial Park
- Enjoy this annual celebration featuring Kenny Loggins, the Dylan Bloom Band, and Finest Hour, with a Fireworks Grand Finale.
Playing With Fire at Midtown Crossing – Saturday, July 2, 2016 & Saturday, August 27, 2016; Turner Park opens for seating: 3:30 p.m. & Music starts at 4:30 p.m.
- Featuring the best in blues, soul, funk, R & B and rock, Playing with Fire celebrates its third year at Midtown Crossing’s Pavilion at Turner Park in 2016.
Music and Movies in Bayliss Park, Council Bluffs – Concerts: Wednesdays, June 15 – August 17, 2016; 6:30 p.m.
- Bring your blankets, lawn chairs, snacks, family, and friends. Concessions will be available for purchase.
Bellevue Music in the Parks – Thursdays, June 2 – July 7, 2016; 7 p.m.; Washington Park, 20th & Franklin Streets
- Music in the Parks will be performed every Thursday evening at 7 p.m. Concerts are approximately one hour long.
Jazz on the Green at Midtown Crossing – Thursdays, July 7 – August 11, 2016; Turner Park opens for seating: 5:30 p.m. & Music starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Get ready to wrap yourself in another season of Jazz on the Green at Midtown Crossing presented by Omaha Performing Arts. Free and open to the public.
Sounds of Summer Concert Series at Shadow Lake Towne Center – Fridays, May 27 – August 19, 2016; 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- The atmosphere is relaxed and fun; get up and dance to great live music performed by a talented local cover band. If the kids are in tow, they can enjoy face painting or balloon art each week, in addition to a special giveaway for each child during the concert. Food and alcohol will be for sale at each concert from one of our fabulous restaurants or specialty shops here at Shadow Lake Towne Center.
Friday Night Concerts in Rockbrook Village – Fridays, June 3 – August 26, 2016; 7-8 p.m.
- Local musicians entertain families every Friday night throughout the summer. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy a delightful evening for the whole family.
Bridge Beats Friday Night Music Series – Every other Friday, June 10 – August 19, 2016; 6 – 9:30 p.m., Bob Kerrey Bridge Plaza (Omaha’s side)
- BRIDGE BEATS is a free Friday night music series presented by the City of Omaha Parks & Recreation Department. Bring your whole family and enjoy free, live music as you take in beautiful views of the Missouri River and stroll across the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge. Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets for seating.
La Vista Concerts & Movies – Fridays, June 24, July 15 & August 12, 2016; 7 p.m.
- Held at the La Vista Public Library, 9110 Giles Rd.
- June 24 – Blue House followed by “Minions” (PG), 7 p.m.
- July 15 – Charm School Dropouts followed by “The Good Dinosaur” (PG), 7 p.m.
- August 12 – The Grease Band followed by “Pan” (PG), 7 p.m.
Saturdays @ Stinson in Aksarben Village – Saturdays, May 7 – August 27, 2016; 7 – 10 p.m.
- There will be food and drink vendors, face painting, and balloon artists. Kids can play in the fountain and on the playground equipment. For the concerts you may bring chairs, blankets, an umbrella, and coolers (no glass allowed).
- Special Concert on Sunday, July 10 (5 – 8 p.m.) – Recaptured – Journey Tribute Band
The Vibes at Village Pointe – Saturdays, May 28 – August 20, 2016; 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Kids can enjoy free face painting or balloon art each week. Blankets and chairs encouraged.
Yoga Rocks the Park at Midtown Crossing – Sundays, May 8 – June 26, 2016; Registration: 3:30 p.m., Live Music & Yoga: 4 p.m.
- Yoga Rocks the Park is a locally staffed celebration of community for the whole family promoting peace, giving and well being on a local and global scale. The weekly event includes an all-levels 60 minute yoga class (Beginners Welcome) featuring the areas most inspiring yoga teachers and kids yoga program (CAMP YRP) accompanied by music; and a half hour feature spotlighting community artists and performers.
Have fun enjoying all of these Free Summer Concerts!