The Omaha Area is full of FREE Summer Concerts, perfect for relaxing on a warm summer evening! See many more upcoming events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
As schedules may change, it is always a good idea to verify with the location before visiting.
Saturdays at Stinson in Aksarben Village – Saturdays, May 2 – August 29, 7-10 p.m.
- There will be food and drink vendors, face painting, and balloon artists. Kids can play in the fountain and on the playground equipment. These concerts are family-friendly so be sure to bring your chair and/or blanket.
Loessfest in Council Bluffs – May 23 – 31
- Concerts including Chicago, Recaptured: A Tribute to Journey, Imagination Movers, Mini Maha, plus fireworks, Disney Day, free outdoor movie, and Taste of Omaha.
Sounds of Summer Concert Series at Shadow Lake Towne Center – Fridays, May 29 – August 21, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Live outdoor music at Nebraska Medicine – Bellevue Amphitheatre. Kids can enjoy free face painting or balloon art each week, in addition to a special giveaway for each child during the concert. Blankets and chairs encouraged.
Vibes at Village Pointe – Saturdays, May 30 – August 22, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Kids can enjoy free face painting or balloon art each week. Blankets and chairs encouraged.
Music and Movies in Bayliss Park, Council Bluffs – Concerts: Wednesdays, June 3 – September 2, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Concerts will be held every Wednesday evening at 6:30 to 8 pm from June 3rd to September 2nd.
Summer Kickoff Concert Series at Midtown Crossing – June 4 and 11, 7 p.m.
- Part of Midtown Crossing’s Thursdays in the Park Series, the Summer Kickoff Concerts welcome two home-grown favorites to the Pavilion at Turner Park stage. Blankets/chairs welcome; food & beverages available for purchase. First three hours of garage parking is free.
Bellevue Music in the Parks – Thursdays, June 4 – July 9, 7 p.m., Washington Park, 20th & Franklin Streets
- Music in the Parks will be performed every Thursday evening at 7 p.m. Concerts are approximately one hour long.
Friday Night Concerts in Rockbrook Village – June 5 – August 28, 7 p.m.
- Local musicians entertain families every Friday night throughout the summer. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy a delightful evening for the whole family.
Bridge Beats Friday Night Music Series – Every other Friday, June 12 – September 18, 6 p.m., Bob Kerrey Bridge Plaza (Omaha’s side)
- BRIDGE BEATS is a free Friday night music series presented by the City of Omaha Parks & Recreation Department. Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets for seating.
La Vista Concerts & Movies – June 12, July 10, August 14; 7 p.m.
- Held at the La Vista Public Library, 9110 Giles Road.
- June 12 – Charm School Dropouts followed by “Big Hero 6″, 7 p.m.
- July 10 – Blue House followed by “Pitch Perfect”, 7 p.m.
- August 14 – The Grease Band followed by “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day “, 7 p.m.
Music on the River at Tom Hanafan’s River’s Edge Park – June 13, July 11, August 8, September 12, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Free and open to the public. Bring a lawn chair or blanket.
Playing with Fire at Midtown Crossing – June 18 & 25, July 2, 5:30 p.m.
- Playing with Fire gives fans the best in blues, soul, funk, R&B, and rock. Blankets/chairs welcome; food & beverages available for purchase. First three hours of garage parking is free.
Bank of the West Celebrates America – June 26, 6 – 10 p.m., Memorial Park
- Enjoy this annual celebration featuring Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and Eddie Money, with a Fireworks Grand Finale.
Jazz on the Green at Midtown Crossing – Thursdays, July 9 – August 13, 7:30 p.m.
- Park opens for seating at 5 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Free Parking.
Cox Music and Movies at Holland Center Courtyard – Fridays, July 10 – 24
- Venue opens at 7:00 p.m., Music starts at 7:30 p.m., Movies begin at dusk (8:45 p.m.)
- This is a rain or shine event. Event will move to the covered arrival plaza (directly next to the courtyard) in the case of rain.
- Friday, July 10: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (G) and Michael Lyon and the Steve Thornberg Trio
- Friday, July 17: The Lego Movie (PG) and and Clark & Co.
- Friday, July 24: The Amazing Spider-Man (PG-13) and Blue House
End of Summer Concert Series at Midtown Crossing – Thursdays, August 20 – September 3, 7 p.m.
- Pre-concert entertainment by musicians and performers from the University of Nebraska at Omaha. 6:30 pm.
Have fun enjoying all of these Free Summer Concerts!
Other helpful resources:
- Omaha Kids Calendar
- Free Summer Fun in Omaha
- 50+ Things to Do this Summer in Omaha with Kids
- Kids Eat Free