I love Fall in Omaha! Perfect weather, changing colors, Football, Halloween events, Pumpkin Patches, Hayrack Rides, and campfires all make wonderful family memories.
Enjoy these free or inexpensive family attractions and events this Fall in Omaha! Check back as more events will be added throughout the season. It is always a good idea to verify the information with the business before visiting.
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Fall Festivals and Special Events
- Outdoor Movies at the Dairy Chef, Elkhorn – September 10 (The Jungle Book), October 8 (Star Wars: The Force Awakens with a bonfire at the Chef), dusk, FREE
- Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month with many activities at the Omaha Public Library – September 15 – October 15
- Hands-on-Habitat – Free with Registration – September 16, October 21, & November 18, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Free Activities at River City Rodeo and Stock Show & Parade – September 22 – 25
- Centris Movie Night (E.T. The Extraterrestrial) and Carnival at Werner Park – September 23, 6 – 10 p.m.
- Museum Day Live! – September 24 – Free Admission for two to Participating Museums with ticket (including El Museo Latino, Sarpy County Museum, and many others statewide!)
- National Alpaca Farm Day Open House – September 24, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., FREE
- ARTsarben – September 24-25, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., FREE Admission
- Touch-A-Truck – September 24, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Fly into Fall Kite Festival at Youngman Lake (192nd & Dodge) – September 24, 12 – 3 p.m.
- Annual Intertribal Powwow – September 24, 1 – 7:30 p.m., Fort Omaha Campus Paradeground (5300 N. 30th Street, Omaha, NE)
- Harvest Fest at Village Pointe Farmer’s Market – October 1, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- First Friday Old Market – Held the first Friday of each month, 6-9 p.m., First Friday is a free event celebrating local creativity in Omaha’s most historic neighborhood.
- Papillion Fall Kite Fly – October 2, 12 – 3 p.m.
- Witches Tea at Mangelsen’s – October 8, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- La Vista Fall Kite Fly – October 9, 12 – 4 p.m.
- Holland Stages Festival – October 17; 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Mav Kids Halloween Bash at UNO – October 29, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Nobbies Haunt Fair and Spooktacular Carnival – TBA, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Owl Prowl at Hummel Park Nature Center – TBA, 7 – 9 p.m.
- Harvest Fun Days at Hummel Nature Center – TBA, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Trick-or-Treat at Westroads Mall – TBA, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Monster Mash Bash at Oak View Mall – TBA, 6 – 9 p.m.
- More events including special Halloween Events will be added throughout the season!
Especially for Kids
- Westroads Kids Club (TBA, 10 a.m.), Oak View Mall Kids Club (TBA, 10:30 a.m.), and Shadow Lake Towne Center Tots on the Towne offer kids a different activity each month for free!
- Enjoy Free Crafts for Kids at Lakeshore Learning Store every Saturday 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and Mangelsen’s on Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- See more Free Kids Programs here!
It is always a good idea to verify the information with the business before visiting.
More Fall Fun:
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled Fall!
Other helpful resources: