Enjoy MANY family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Enter to Win:
- Click here for our Fat Brain Toys Giveaway and save 15% going on now on Facebook!
- 4 Tickets to Peter & The Starcatcher at The Rose Theater! (2 Winners)
Holiday and Winter Fun:
- Omaha Holiday Gift Guide
- Omaha Holiday Family Fun Guide
- 100+ Holiday Events in Omaha
- Amazing Christmas Lights in Omaha
- Ice Skating in the Omaha Area
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
Storytime with Santa at Village Pointe – Thursdays: 12/3, 12/10, 12/17 – 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., FREE
- Santa will read a holiday story to kids on Thursdays. Treats and/or giveaways provided.
- Thurs. December 3 – Janie and Jack
Storytime with Mrs. Claus at Regency Court – Thursdays: 12/3, 12/10, 12/17 – 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., FREE
- Thursday, December 3rd: Storytime with Mrs. Claus at Pottery Barn Kids. Mini chipper cookies will be provided from Paradise Bakery.
Holiday Lights on Dundee – 12/3, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Santa’s Workshop, Photos with Santa, Family Activities and Treats including hayrack ride, holiday caroling, and more!
La Vista Holiday Wintertainment – 11/29 – 12/31
- Enjoy a variety of fun events throughout the Holiday season!
- Tree Lighting Celebration – Thursday, December 3, 5:45 p.m.
Gingerbread House Display – 11/20 – 12/31, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., FREE
- The center will close at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, and will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Locations: Mormon Trail Center and Kanesville Tabernacle, Council Bluffs
Holiday Lights Spectacular at Midtown Crossing – 11/21 – 1/1, 7 p.m., FREE
- A choreographed blend of light and holiday music projected on to the Turner Park side of Midtown Crossing’s condominium buildings. Free to the public (three hours of garage parking included). Nightly shows run approximately 20-minutes, beginning at 7 p.m.
- Choose from a variety of Christmas Tree Farms in the greater Omaha area where you can Choose and Cut your own Christmas Tree, and enjoy tractor rides and hot chocolate! Find out more here.
Holly Jolly Night Hike at Hitchcock Nature Center – 12/4, $2/person
- Venture on a walk through the woods by the light of the moon as you explore the natural world at night. This moderate hike is designed to introduce visitors to walking at night and includes activities along the trail that will engage each of the senses. Weather permitting.
First Friday Family Date Night at the Omaha Children’s Museum – 12/4, 5-8 p.m.
- Winter Fun Night – Fun activities throughout the museum, appearances by Princess Anna and Kristoff and late night showings of Santa’s Magic. Included with regular museum admission or membership.
Christmas at Union Station – 11/27 – 1/3
- Ethnic Holiday Festival (Friday, December 4, 5 – 9 p.m.). Included with regular museum admission or membership.
Family Movie Night at Salvation Army Kroc Center – 12/4, 5:30 p.m., FREE
- Family Movie Night featuring the Muppets Christmas Carol! 5:30 p.m. – Doors Open & Games; 6 p.m. – Movie.
Peter & The Starcatcher Opens at The Rose Theater – 12/4-12/27
- A hilarious and innovative backstory of the legend of Peter Pan!
- Enter to WIN 4 Tickets to Peter & The Starcatcher at The Rose Theater! (2 Winners)
Lights of Aksarben – Fridays, 11/27, 12/4, 12/11, 12/18 (6 – 8 p.m.), FREE
- Each week, there will be a heated tent, free horse and carriage rides, live music, strolling carolers, face painting, coffee, hot cocoa and treats, and Santa and Mrs. Claus!
Holiday Lights Festival – 11/26 – 1/3, FREE
- South Omaha Lighting Ceremony at La Plaza de La Raza (24th & N St.) – Friday, December 4, at 6 p.m. Lights will shine bright along 24th Street between L and Q Streets.
- North Omaha Lighting Ceremony (near 24th & Lake Streets) – Saturday, December 5, 5 p.m. to close out Christmas in the Village. Holiday lights will enhance the six-block surrounding area.
Kids Workshops at Home Depot – 12/5, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., FREE
- Fun hands-on workshop where children can build Holiday Stacking Blocks.
FREE Carriage Rides at Shadow Lake, Village Pointe, and Aksarben Village
- Carriage Rides at Shadow Lake Towne Center – Saturdays, 11/28-12/19, 12-4 p.m
- Carriage Rides at Village Pointe – Saturdays, 11/28 – 12/19, 1 – 5 p.m.
- Carriage Rides at Aksarben Village at Lights of Aksarben – Fridays, 11/28-12/18, 6 – 8 p.m.
SantaPalooza at Scheels – 12/5, 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., FREE
- Enjoy Santa’s rooftop arrival at 10 a.m. (get there early), then follow Santa into the store and enjoy all the Christmas activities inside.
Santa Claus Visits Strategic Air & Space Museum’s Space Day – 12/5, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- The Strategic Air and Space Museum will celebrate the holiday season and space day by bringing Santa Claus, and the Imperial Stormtroopers of the 501st Legion together for a fun-filled family day. Young guests will have the opportunity to visit with Santa and sit inside the Museum’s mini-F111. The Museum will also feature space-related booths, free planetarium showings, and holiday music in Hangar B. Included with paid admission.
Annual Pop Up Shop at Smiling Turtle Art Spot – 12/5 – 12/6
- Featuring area Arts & Crafts Vendors and $5 Make & Take Ornaments. Free Cookies & Hot Cider!
- Saturday, Dec. 5th: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 6th: 1 – 4 p.m.
- Location: 2340 S. 156th Circle
- See more local businesses in our Omaha Holiday Gift Guide!
Santa Visits Saddlebrook Community Center – 12/5, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m., FREE
- FREE for All Ages. No registration required.
Holly Jolly Christmas at Mangelsen’s – 12/5, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Enjoy a warm cup of apple cider while participating in a variety of free activities.
Santa in Rockbrook Village – 12/5, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Free carriage rides with Santa from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The first 100 guests will receive a holiday goody bag with shopping deals!
Christmas in Greece Festival – 12/5, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., FREE Admission
- Fun, food, pastries, music, Greek dancing, & gifts.
Christmas in the Village at 24th and Lake – 12/5, 12 – 5 p.m.
- Free carriage rides, holiday music, and much more!
Hot Shops Art Center’s Holiday Open House – 12/5 (12-8 p.m.), 12/6 (12-5 p.m.), FREE
- The event features fun and informative art demonstrations and live music, with residents of the Hot Shops opening their studios to the public. All of the galleries host events. Local acoustic musicians will perform throughout the center.
Christmas in Germany at the German-American Society – 12/6, 12 – 5 p.m., FREE
- Enjoy the festive activities of the season. Folk dancing, songs, and a visit from St. Nicholas. Food and drink available for purchase. Visit the Christkindlemarkt and purchase some of the many seasonal gifts from Germany. Free Admission.
Wells Fargo Family Festival – 12/6, 12 – 5 p.m., FREE
- A highlight of the Holiday Season! Enjoy family activities and experience many of Omaha’s leading downtown attractions for free including Omaha Children’s Museum, The Durham Museum, Wells Fargo Bank, Omaha Police Mounted Patrol Barn, W. Dale Clark Library, and Joslyn Art Museum. A free trolley service will connect the participating venues.
Small Guy Promotions Small Business Expo – 12/6, 1 – 5 p.m., FREE Admission
- Get your Christmas shopping done with small local businesses who will have some great items for sale! They are also collecting winter items like hats, gloves, and scarves to be donated to The Hope Center for Kids.
- Location: Ramada Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, 3321 South 72nd Street.
- Enjoy 100+ Family-Friendly Holiday Events in Omaha during this special time of year!
- Free Carriage Rides, Gingerbread Houses, Santa visits, Frozen characters, Festivals, and more!
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting as events are subject to change.
Popular this Week:
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!