Happy Fourth of July! It is one of my favorite holidays and I love watching fireworks and parades with my kids. Celebrate this Independence Day with fireworks displays, parades, concerts, and community celebrations! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting.
Omaha Area Fireworks Displays
Friday, June 28
- Bank of the West Celebrates America at Memorial Park – 10 p.m. Fireworks Grand Finale
Sunday, June 30
- StoneBridge Fireworks Bonanza - 15801 Butler Avenue, Fireworks begin at dusk
Tuesday, July 2
Wednesday, July 3
Thursday, July 4
- Ralston Fireworks Spectacular - 72nd & Q, 9:30 p.m.
- Blair’s Annual Fireworks Display - South Creek Conference Center, 715 Grant Street, at dusk
- Tiburon Homeowners Association Fireworks – 10302 South 168th Street (between Cornhusker and 370), 10 p.m.
- Champions Run, 138th and Maple, 10:00 p.m.
- Newport Landing, Bennington
- Boys Town – about 10:00 p.m.
Friday, July 5
Omaha Fourth of July Celebrations
Bank of the West Celebrates America at Memorial Park – 6/28, 6 – 10:30 p.m., FREE
- Annual free fireworks show and concert headlined by Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo.
Kids Club at Michaels – 6/29, Sessions starting every half hour from 10am – 11:30am., $2
- Make a 4th of July hat!
FREE Crafts for Kids at Lakeshore Learning Center – 6/29, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., FREE
- Make a Fourth of July Noisemaker. Kids really bring on the noise…with a fun, colorful shaker they make themselves!
StoneBridge Fireworks Bonanza – 6/30, 6 – 10 p.m., FREE
- Enjoy good food, lots of games, live music and a professional fireworks display. FREE Admission, Games, Inflatables, Rock Wall, and More! Festivities begin at 6pm – Fireworks begin at dusk. Outdoor community worship service begins at 9 p.m.
Nebraska Wind Symphony Concert – 6/30 (7 p.m. at Stinson Park) and 7/4 (6 p.m. at Chalco Hills)
- Annual free outdoor concerts with Omaha’s Community Concert Band.
- It’s a day to celebrate the red, white and blue. Join us for our Star Spangled Science Show, create a masterpiece with “firework” paint, make your own sparkler, design a red, white and blue hat and march in our Parade!
Make & Take 4th of July Craft at Swanson Branch – 7/3, 10:30 a.m. – Noon, FREE
- Make a 4th of July craft! All supplies will be furnished.
Family Activities at River’s Edge Park, Council Bluffs - 7/3, 7 – 10 p.m.
- Bring your blankets, chairs, and family out to the park to watch the TD Ameritrade Homerun Derby Fireworks on July 3rd. There will be family activities from 7-9:30 p.m. including a trackless train ride and trampoline bungee jump with Treasure Moment.
Omaha World-Herald Fireworks Show at TD Ameritrade Park – 7/3, 7:30 p.m.
- TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby and the Omaha World-Herald’s 29th Annual Independence Day Fireworks.
- Independence Day Activities, Annual Grand Parade (7/4, 1 p.m.) and Fireworks Spectacular (7/4, 9:30 p.m., 72nd & Q)
Family Swim Day at Omaha Swimming Pools – 7/4, $4
- Up to 6 Family members can swim for only $4.00 at all Omaha pools (except Common Ground)! No more than two adults with each family.
Field Club 31st Annual 4th of July Parade – 7/4, 10:30 a.m.
- It’s time to build that over-the-top float and wave those flags as the parade strolls around Woolworth Ave. Face painting & balloons are free for everyone! Food will be available for purchase.
USAF Heartland of America Band at Sumtur Amphitheater – 7/4, 7:30 p.m., FREE
- Join us for a special night of patriotic music featuring the USAF Heartland of America Band. Gates open at 6:30 p.m.
Red, White and Zoo! – 7/4 – 7/6, 9 – 3 p.m.
- There will be special animal presentations, face-painting and festive music for all ages. To add to the celebration, patriotic gifts provided by Oriental Trading Company will be given out at the gate, while supplies last. Event activities are free to Omaha’s Zoo members or with regular paid Zoo admission.
- On July 4, 5, 6 and 7, 2013 EMS workers will be admitted free to Adventureland with their Iowa EMS State Certification Photo ID. Firefighters will be admitted free by showing their Iowa Firefighters Association membership card or State Firefighters certification certificate. In addition EMS workers and Firefighters may purchase up to 6 admissions to Adventureland Park during the same period of time at $30.00 each for regular admission (10 yrs. & older) and $25.00 each for childrens admission (4-9 yrs.) a savings of $10.00 off each ticket.
Other Helpful Resources:
Do you know of another Fourth of July event or public fireworks display? Please leave it in the comments below to share with other readers!