**Find the current weekend events here!
Labor Day Weekend is almost here, and although it marks the unofficial end to summer, there are still many activities and events to enjoy! I have always said it is God’s gift to teachers – a gentle day off after a sometimes crazy beginning of the school year.
Check out these fun activities and events happening in and around Omaha this Labor Day weekend:
- If you are heading out of town, be sure to check out how to save on admission to Adventureland and Worlds of Fun!
- City of Omaha Extended Pool Season Hours and Cheap Admission – The extended pool season will be at Elmwood, Gallagher, Hitchcock and Zorinsky Pools on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Labor Day. The best part is that admission is only $.25 for Children ages 3yrs-17yrs, and Adults are only $1.00! See the official schedule here.
- Mindbender Mansion at the Durham Museum – Open through September 2nd. Enjoy the last few days of one of the most popular exhibits at the museum before it is gone!
- Nebraska’s Great Park Pursuit – A FREE outdoor adventure throughout Nebraska from 5/1-9/17, where participants can visit up to 20 local, state or federal parks. At each park, visitors follow clues to find the post and make a nature impression. Impressions are mailed in, reflecting the total number of parks visited. Entry into prize drawings are based on the number of impressions collected. There are a few near Omaha and Lincoln!
- Nebraska State Fair continues through September 3rd in Grand Island.
- La Festa Italiana – August 31st – September 2nd at National Guard Readiness Center – 3 minutes west of I-680, Irvington Exit. Tickets $5.00/advance, $6.50 at the door. Children under 12 free with paid adult. Food, entertainment, and children’s activities.
- SeptemberFest – August 31st – September 3rd at CenturyLink. Admission $4.00, Children under 5 admitted free. Enjoy Midway, BBQ and Rib Eye Steak Cookoff Challenge, Kiddie Kingdom, Car Show, and Parade Monday at 10am. Military Appreciation Days are Friday (Aug. 31) 6PM – 10 PM & Sat (Sept 1) 12PM – 4 PM. Show your military ID at the front gate and the whole family gets in free!
- Sounds of Summer Free Concert Series at Shadow Lake Towne Center – Friday, August 31st, 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- Rockbrook Village Free Friday Night Concerts – Friday, August 31st. 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- End of Summer Concerts at Midtown Crossing – Friday, August 31st. 7pm, in Turner Park.
- Callaway Kite Flight – September 1-2. Watch as hundreds of colorful kites fill the skies over Callaway, Nebraska. Only $2 per person per day. Free parking.
- Saturday Surprise and Free Admission to Joslyn Art Museum – Saturday, September 1st, 10am-12.
- Taste of the Y– Saturday, September 1st at Westroads Mall on the Upper Level near the Children’s Play Area. At Taste of the Y, you can try a demo of a yoga or Zumba class, and children’s activities, sponsored by the Greater Omaha YMCA.
- Hometown Festival at Bass Pro Shop – September 1st-2nd, 12-5pm. Free Family Activities, Crafts, and Seminars.
- Labor Day Weekend at the Omaha Zoo – 9/1-9/3. Gather your family and friends for one last hurrah Saturday, September 1 to Monday, September 3, 2012 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for Labor Day Weekend at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo! There will be wild entertainment and special animal presentations for all ages. Event activities are free to Omaha’s Zoo members or with regular paid Zoo admission. See helpful tips for visiting the Omaha zoo here!
- Home Depot Free Kids Workshop – Goal Post Football Game – 9/1, 9am-12pm. Home Depot offers FREE kid’s workshops on the first Saturday of each month, from 9am-12pm. They are designed for children ages 5-12. Workshops teach children do-it-yourself skills and tool safety. All participants will receive a Kids Workshop Apron, commemorative pin and certificate of achievement.
- Saturdays @Stinson with FISH HEADS – Saturday, September 1st. 7pm.