The weekend is almost here, and there are many free (or almost free) fun family activities both locally and nationally to enjoy! Be sure to visit the Event Calendar (or the calendar list view on the right of this page) for more information on ALL of the free activities coming up! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting.
- City of Omaha Extended Pool Season Hours and Cheap Admission
- Free Summer Activities in Omaha
- Free Family Activities in Omaha
- More Free Upcoming Events in Omaha and Nationwide
Highlights of Upcoming Omaha Events
- Current drought conditions throughout the Midwest have been called the worst in a generation. Due to The Rainbow’s dependence on rainwater, planned twice daily rainbow events have been scaled back. Check here for updated schedule.
- July 12th – August 16th. Thursdays, Venue opens at 5 PM, Concert starts at 7 pm.
- The Omaha Downtown Improvement District Association (DID) will offer FREE activities and mini events all summer at the Gene Leahy Mall! Activities will be held from 5:30-6:30 p.m., Mondays-Thursdays during the months of May, June, August and September at 14th & Farnam Streets.
- Mondays – Family Fun
- Tuesdays & Thursdays – Boot Camp Exercise Classes
- Wednesdays – Arts & Culture
- Come join us for 3 days of delicious, mouth watering barbecue and entertainment on the beautiful grounds of Stinson Park at Aksarben Village! Our inaugural family-oriented event will feature nationally renowned professional rib cooking crews, each bringing you a unique style of barbecue and fixins! Free Admission, Free Parking, Free Music. 11am – 11pm.
- The event features a parade, pancake feed, pet show, art in the park, activities for children, entertainment, food, and fun. The club also sponsors a luncheon, music program, and bingo at the Senior Center.
- Special evening for children with Autism and their families. The museum has worked with UNMC to create an appropriate environment. Sponsored by Autism Action Partnership, this event is free for autistic children and their families.
- Millard Days is a full week of activities, including parade, carshow, carnival and Family day activities. It will be held at Andersen Park, 136th and Q Street.
- FREE, Fun Events All Summer Long! Bring your family and enjoy Summer Nights on Wednesday evenings at the Kroc Center, 6:30-8pm. Meet new people and have fun with your children while enjoying a new free activity each week. Kroc Center members and non-members are all invited to join the fun!
- 8/22 Puzzle Me This
- Water Festival for Kids and Adults held at Wehrspann Lake, 154th and Giles, from 12-4, rain or shine. World O! Water is a free annual event, aimed at educating the public about water conservation, quality and recreation. Come learn what you can do to ensure this invaluable resource is here for us to enjoy now and for future generations. Some of the World O! Water activities include: Demonstrations, Science experiments, Games, Canoeing, and Face painting.
- One of my favorite events of the summer! Free Admission. 9-5pm. Modern and historic aircraft, performances, static displays. No coolers, backpacks, or pets.
Highlights of Upcoming National Events
Lowe’s Free Build and Grow Clinic – 8/25-8/26
- Lowe’s offers free Build and Grow clinics every other Saturday at 10am and Sunday at 2pm. Bring the kids to any Lowe’s store to build fun projects. This is recommended for children in grades 1st-5th. Registration opens a few weeks before each clinic’s date.
- Shrek Onion Carriage – 8/25, 10:00 AM
- Shrek Onion Carriage – 8/26, 2:00 PM
How are you planning to enjoy this beautiful weekend?