After spending some time on Pinterest, our family became inspired to try a little Fourth of July craft of our own! It was very fun and easy to make. These can be used as centerpieces or other decorations, or as my son just demonstrated, the flags can be taken out and waved around as if the kids are in a parade!
- Red, white, and blue construction paper
- 3 popsicle / craft sticks
- 3 index cards or paper cut to 3″ x 5″
- white crayon, black marker
- 3 cups
- scissors, glue, tape
1. Cut 7 strips of red construction paper and glue onto index card.
2. Cut blue rectangle and decorate with stars. Glue this on top of the stripes, and then glue flag onto craft/popsicle stick. (This is also a perfect way to teach your kids about the flag and what the stars and stripes represent!)
3. Cover the 3 cups with red, white, and blue construction paper. This was a little tricky to cut the paper out just right so that it would lay flat against the cup, but the general shape looks like this:
4. Secure the paper to the cups with glue or tape. Write USA on the cups.
5. Have an adult poke a hole in the top of each cup with scissors for the flags.
6. Use as a decoration for The Fourth of July, Flag Day, or Memorial Day, or let the kids take the flags out and have a parade! Enjoy!